Monday, July 23, 2012

Avocado Raita

I have been on the lookout for some interesting recipes with Avocado for quite some time now, so, when I saw this recipe in Hari Nayak's My Indian Kitchen book I couldnt stop myself from trying it out.


Serves - 2
Spice level - 2.5
Source - My Indian Kitchen by Hari Nayak

What you would require -

Avocado - 1 ripe
Yogurt - 1& 1/4 cup
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Black pepper freshly crushed - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste

Procedure -

First, cut the Avocado lengthwise around the pit. Scoop out the pit and discard it. Scoop out the flesh from the skin with a spoon and cut it into small pieces.

Take curd in a bowl. Add in the avocado pieces, cumin powder, black pepper powder, finely chopped coriander leaves, salt and lemon juice and mix well.

Serve it chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment